Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Artist Statment

My final exam project was a little difficult for me; I had some trouble finding what I wanted to do. Soon I just decided I’m just going to do what first comes into my head and that will be my inspiration. I decided to kind of take from the movie Up and a little from Doctor Seuss. The balloons came from the movie, and the quote, “you know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because finally reality is better than your dreams.” Came from Doctor Seuss. I used paint as my only media and sharpie to outline some detail and write the quote, I used print making with a piece of linoleum and free handed the rest. The clouds, balloons, and the basket was all printmaking. I faced a few challenges, mostly with the red balloons though, I found that I let the paint dry too long before I let it print and it became a little blotchy. I also found challenges when just painting free hand because I realized it can be a little difficult when using such think paint. I feel my strength was defiantly my clouds, I used Van Gogh as my inspiration for them and I feel like they turned out perfect. My weakness was defiantly my balloons, they didn’t turn out how I had planned and I feel like if I would have been a little more careful, they would have turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment